Wednesday 29 August 2012

'Coz your a** is on fire!

I know 99% of you will say, 'me too' after reading this: The whole year, if I had studied half as much I used to during exam time, I would have definitely topped my class. I don't know how I got the energy to read and mug up so much during those last days and last minutes.

In fact, the last 15 minutes our editors devote to producing a show, the last 10 minutes I get ready for work, the night before the last day of submitting that assignment... we are simply at our best during our last. And why? In simple words... BECAUSE OUR A** IS ON FIRE!!

I don't know about the Westerners, but we Indians cannot perform without being under pressure. That tension at the back of our heads, those sweat beads at the front, the thumping-as-thunder heart and the huge sigh of relief after it's all over. Don't you think the excitement is too much to be missed? I mean, why do it in time and miss those last minutes you will remember forever?

Just imagine if everything in your life was done in time. Waking up, going to bed, lunch, dinner, exercise, potty, movie... life would become such a big bore without all that rushing around. Yes, it does sound like an ideal condition, but even in science, ideal conditions are only hypothetical. The real picture is the real challenge.

So the next time someone asks you to be in time, just tell them they should chillax and enjoy the last-minute rush!

2 comments:

  1. You are very correct. We got best results when we do under pressure.
    ---
    Please add followers widget and email subscription widget. So any one can get information of a new post on your blog.
    And remove word verification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dineshji. Highly obliged and motivated by a comment from you. Hope you will continue reading and guiding me.

      Delete