Tuesday 28 August 2012

The JOKE called Driving License!

Even if you cover my car with 'L' on all sides, it won't suffice for the danger on the roads in the form of me.

Even if you leave him in the Kashmir Valley in his Maruti 800, he would zoom past you at 80 kmph, without a scratch on his car, ever.

But the irony is... I carry a permanent driving license, and he has an 'L' in his pocket. Because, well we live in India!

Why do you need a driving license in the first place? In my case, I needed a photo ID proof, that's all. And what did I do for that? Dug out one contact in the RTO of my area, didn't stand in any queue, failed EVEN in the written test, and got my driving license the next day. That too, when I didn't know where is the clutch, break and accelerator. Had I not known the 'RTO uncle', I could have still managed the same feat, by paying Rs 2000 to any middleman.

And what did he, the master driver do to earn only a learner's license? There was a theft at his house and the foolish thief made away with the license. Getting a duplicate one was a bigger pain than applying for a new one. So he did the latter, only to be handed a learner's license. He will have to go and prove his driving skills the next month for a permanent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment