Monday 27 August 2012

Mr Baby!

I don't understand how can people give their kids hideous names like BABY! I mean, dad & mom, please understand that your 'Baby' is going to be a big man one day. He will be a boss. He will be a father. And he will be a grandpa too. Imagine him still being 'Baby' at 78! Why on earth would you call him Baby?

Yes, he would always be your baby, but he will have babies too. And his babies would curse you for naming their dad Baby. They would curse you everytime their class teacher will ask them their father's name. Not just that, their driving license, their PAN card, their passport... all of them will curse you too!

Last week, I had gone to get my car repaired at the service station. The head technician who was looking after it was called Mr Baby Ranganathaswamy. When I imagined myself calling him by his first name as I usually do, I realised it would sound so cheesy. It would be as if I was flirting with him! 'Baby, is the engine oil full?' or 'Baby, can you ensure the car gets a good wash?'

And to top it all, he was not even good looking. Tall, dark (almost black, I would say), and definitely not handsome! He had stadium on his head. If you don't know what that means, well, it's a person who is bald from the centre with patches of hair on the edge.

Anyway, the scene looked cheesier when I heard his manager calling him Baby. I mean, to some extent, a girl calling a man Baby is fine. Imagine two grown-up, ugly fellas in a conversation, and one of them using the term 'Baby' for the other every now and then! Yaaaeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Even an unsuspecting person would doubt their orientation.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it looks a lot grotesque. I know of people being christened MENASINAKAYI (chilli) and Newton! Having said that, parents name their child on the premise that they would live up to their names. But alas, it doesn't fructify many a time.

    But here, this statement does look immiscible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine someone living up to the name BABY! or I know someone by the name BOY REDDY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Hilarious blogs Poorva... good to see you are doing so well :) - Ishita

    ReplyDelete